- Central to both scenes is the throne of God.
- Both prophets mention additional thrones.
- Daniel 7:10 says, "A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him." Revelation 4:5 says, "Out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne."
- In both stories the participants have gathered for the opening of books.
- Jesus comes to the Father in both Daniel 7:13 and Revelation 5:7.
- The same number of heavenly attendants is mentioned in Revelation 5:11 as in Daniel 7:10.
- Christ receives glory at the end of both scenes. Daniel 7:14; Revelation 5:12.
Wednesday, October 3, 2012
Revelation Chapters 4 & 5
The seven seals in Revelation are introduced in chapters 4 and 5. In order to understand the scene there, it is helpful to compare it with Daniel 7:9-14.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment